You may have noticed that iPad side switch is used for making it mute. This is set by default. You can change it from the settings of the iPad. People prefer locking the orientation of their device when they are watching a movie or reading a text. Majority of the people get annoyed if their screen changes from the landscape mode to the portrait mode again and again. So there is a wonderful feature of locking the position of screen using the button.
Use the side button of your iPad for locking screen orientation or muting
Remember! Not every iPad has side button. In such cases, there is another method for locking the orientation or muting it.
The method of changing the iPad Side Switch function
Go through the given below short steps for changing the iPad side switch function.
- Firstly, visit the Settings application for viewing the iPad’s settings.
- Then, press on General in the menu. It will be towards the leftwards of the display.
- After that, visit the part having a heading Use Side Switch To.
- Next, press on Lock Rotation or Mute and put a tick mark immediately after the action that you are wishing to have with your iPad side switch.
- Lastly, you can check at the you press the side button, your iPad shall lock the rotation or it shall stop all the sound coming from it.
Don’t have a side button on your iPad?
Since Apple wanted to cut down on the number of buttons on its iPad, the latest iPad versions do not have a side switch. But, bu going to their hidden Control Center, you can get access to this function.
- Firstly, go to the Control Center.
- Then, press the Rotation Lock symbol for turning off and on the orientation lock option. It will seem like a lock having an arrow around it. Note that the display gets locked in position in which it was after you enable the option of Rotation Lock.
- After that, press the Silent mode option for muting the iPad. It will have the symbol of bell. Note that after it gets enabled, it changes its color to red.
Remember! The option of Rotation Lock and Silent Mode is not shown on any of the Control Center of the device which has side button on it.
Hope you have been able to customize the function of the side switch on an iPad.
Olivia Jones is a self-professed security expert; she has been making the people aware of the security threats.Her passion is to write about Cyber security, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. He writes for Norton security products at norton.com/setup.